Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Treasure Hunt (All Ages)Ahoy Matey! Come join the aquatic staff at our second annual Breckenridge Recreation Treasure Hunt. Prize filled capsules are tossed into the pool, some float and others sink. How much treasure can you collect! Join us for this FREE event for all ages! Ages are separated into designated areas.
Date: August 25
Fee: Free with Recreation Center admission
Log Rolling (All Ages)Unique memories will ROLL YOUR WAY! Once you learn to log roll, you'll never want to forget it. Who knew staying on a floating log for 10 seconds could cause so much joy! Even if you are a non-swimmer, you can still participate in the thrill of log rolling in shallow water. Ages are welcome. Come give it a try at Open Log Rolling times twice a week.
Tuesday/Thursday - 6:00-7:00pm
Saturday/Sunday - 1:00-2:00pm
Baby Beavers - Parent & Child Swim Lessons (Ages 6 months - 2½ years)Take your little one on an exploration adventure together in the leisure pool during Parent and Child Swim Lessons. In Parent and Child Swim, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for infants and young children. Great experiences and fun activities are provided to teach infants and toddlers to:
- Enter and exit the water safely
- Feel comfortable in the water
- Submerge and explore breath control
- Explore floating on the back and front
- Change body position in the water
- Play safely in the water
- Experience wearing a life jacket
Parents also learn how to hold and support your child in the water, how to select and fit a life jacket for your child, and valuable water safety information to make your family safer in and around the water.
Tadpoles & Frogs - Preschool Swim Lessons (Ages 3-5)
In Preschool Swim Lessons, children gain confidence and learn to be safe and comfortable in the water. Skills include putting the head under, floating with assistance on the front and back, and arm and leg movement. For preschool aquatics, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills and to build on previously learned skills. Each class is loaded with fun, engaging, and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim.
It is quite common for children to participate in several sessions of Preschool Swim Lessons before they are able to successfully demonstrate all the skills necessary to advance. That's expected and normal!
Fall Frogs - Preschool Level 3
Salamanders - Youth Level 1 Swim Lessons (Ages 5-12)
Certain milestones are necessary for successful completion of Level 1, including:
- Entering the water independently using the ramp, steps or side.
- Traveling at least 5 yards, bobbing 5 times and then safely exiting the water.
- Opening eyes underwater and retrieving submerged object.
- Gliding on front with assistance at least 2 body lengths
- Rolling to a back float for 5 seconds with assistance.
- Recovering to a vertical position with assistance.
- Combined arm and leg actions on front and back with assistance.
- Alternating and simultaneous arm and leg actions on front and back with assistance
It is common for children to participate in several sessions of Level 1 before they successfully demonstrate each skill. That is expected and normal! It is not important how quickly they move through a level, but that they successfully acquire each skill..
Summer Salamanders - Youth Level 1
Fall Salamanders - Youth Level 1
Turtles - Youth Level 2 Swim Lessons (Ages 5-12)
Some of the milestones that are necessary for successful completion of Level 2 include:
- Stepping from the side into chest-deep water.
- Fully submerging and holding breath.
- Pushing off the bottom, moving into a treading or floating position for at least 15 seconds, swimming on front and/or back for 5 body lengths exiting the water.
- Moving into a back float for 15 seconds, rolling to front and then recovering to a vertical position.
- Pushing off and swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for 5 body lengths, rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to the front and then continue swimming for 5 body lengths.
Once all Level 2 skills are achieved and the exit skills assessment is completed, your child receives a completion card and he or she is ready to move on to Level 3 & 4!
Cutthroats & Otters - Youth Level 3 & 4 Swim Lessons (Ages 5-12)
For every level of our swimming lessons, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills and build on previously learned skills. Each class is loaded with fun, engaging, and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim. After completion of Level 4, participants might be ready for Breck Beavers Swim Team.
Breckenridge Beavers Swim Team (Ages 6-13)
Breckenridge Beavers Newsletter
Take your swimming to the next level! The Breckenridge Swim Team focuses on progressing as a competitive swimmer while having fun working with team members and coaches to improve all four swim strokes (freestyle, back, breast and butterfly). Swimmers will learn competitive racing skills such as turning, relay racing, and diving while improving endurance in the water.
For questions or participant evaluations call Aquatics Coordinator at 970-547-4338.
Click “Register Now!” for details to see the days and times lessons are offered.
American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid (Ages 11 & Up)
Are you prepared to save a life? Learn how with this American Red Cross course that teaches CPR techniques to be used on adults, infants and children. It also teaches how to respond to injuries and sudden illness in a systematic manner.
August CPR/First Aid