Trail FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

 rainbow bike

This resource answers frequently asked questions about the open space and trails in and around Breckenridge. You can also email with other questions. See you on the trails!

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Are all of your trails non-motorized?

  • Are there any downhill-only (directional) trails?

  • Are there penalties for noncompliance with the accommodation units advertising requirements of Section 4-1-8-3 of the BOLT Ordinance?

  • Can I pan for gold or collect artifacts?

  • Do I need a license before advertising my accommodation unit/short term rental?

  • Does AirBnB collect and remit my Breckenridge sales tax?

  • How can I find the trails?

  • How can I learn more about the Open Space program?

  • How can I report a downed tree, a drainage issue or other open space issue?

  • How do I apply for my license and pay the license fee?

  • How do I find out if my property is located with the Town?

  • How do I know which trails are dry and open?

  • How do I list my list my License Number in AirBnB Advertisements?

  • How many miles of singletrack do you have?

  • How much does it cost to get an accommodation unit/short-term rental license?

  • How should a BOLT license number be displayed in an advertisement?

  • How will the Town contact a party who is advertising an accommodation unit in violation of the Section 4-1-8-3 of the BOLT Ordinance”?

  • Is there anywhere to camp locally?

  • What are the best trails for beginners or kids?

  • What are the conditions of the license with respect to advertisements of an accommodation unit?

  • What are the most challenging local trails?

  • What else can happen if I don't list my license number in advertisements?

  • What if I own a timeshare and advertise it on my own to rent?

  • What if I recently purchased my unit and plan to rent it out?

  • What is an accommodation unit under the Town of Breckenridge BOLT ordinance?

  • What is an advertisement?

  • What is the easiest trail access from Main Street?

  • What is the muddy meter and how does it work?

  • When is the license number required to be shown in an advertisement for the rental of an accommodation unit?

  • Where can I find the Town’s requirements for advertising an accommodation unit?

  • Where can I get a map of the trails?

  • Where can I go that is dog-friendly?

  • Where can I go that is hiking-only?

  • Who has the right of way on the trails? Hikers? Uphill traffic?

  • Who is responsible for paying for the license?

  • Who maintains the trails?

  • Who owns the land under all the trails?

  • Why all the berms?