View the current Pool Schedule here.
Aquatics Area Hours
The Aquatics Area closes at least 30 minutes prior to facility closing.
|Summer Season Hours (May 1 - November 30)
||Winter Season Hours (December 1 - April 30)|
About the PoolsThe Breckenridge Recreation Center has two pools and two spas. The Lap Pool is 25' x 75' containing over 100,000 gallons of water. It has 4 lap lanes and a depth range from 3'6" to 8' deep. The temperature is maintained between 81 and 83 degrees. The Leisure Pool is a free form pool containing over 50,000 gallons of water. Depth ranges from 0' to 3'6" to accommodate our smallest swimmers. The Indoor Spa contains 2,100 gallons of water kept at a temperature of 102-103 degrees. The Outdoor Spa contains 2,000 gallons of water and is kept at a temperature of 103 -104 degrees. The Outdoor Spa is for those 16 years of age and older. We are also equipped with an ADA lift to access the indoor pools. A large outdoor deck and grass area with a beautiful view of the Tenmile Mountain Range are located next to the Outdoor Spa. For guests over 16 years of age we also offer a coed Steam Room and Sauna.
*Please remember to bring your own locks for our lockers! Locks are also available for purchase at the Front Desk for a nominal fee.
Family FunAfter getting off the mountain from a day of skiing, or after a strenuous hike, the pools and spas are great places to spend some time with the family. Our Leisure Pool has a two-story slide, the Summit Plummit, that both children and adults can enjoy. A small slide keeps the little ones happy. Other amenities include a lazy river swim stream, basketball hoop and a vortex pool. In addition to four swim lanes, the Lap Pool has a mini rock climbing wall and a rope swing (check schedule below for swing times). If you are here enjoying one of our beautiful summers, come and enjoy "The Beach" which offers a large grassy area as well as lawn chairs for those who just want to enjoy the sunshine.
- Proper swim attire is required. No street clothes are permitted. A limited selection of swimwear is on sale at the Front Desk.
- Persons with skin disease, open wounds, nasal or ear discharge, inflamed eyes or any communicable disease are not allowed in the pool or hot tubs.
- Non-swimmers (children and adults) are encouraged to wear floatation devices; life jackets are available at the pool.
- Parents are required to remain within arms' reach of children under 5 years of age and/or those wearing floatation devices.
- Children of diaper-wearing age must have snug fitting plastic pants or swim diapers with an elastic waist band and elastic leg openings to use the leisure pool. NO REGULAR DIAPERS PLEASE! Swim diapers are available for purchase at the Front Desk. Also, no diapers of ANY KIND are allowed in the hot tubs.
- Children ages 6-8 require direct parent supervision in the pool area. Parent or guardian must stay on the pool deck.
- Children 7 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult in the Indoor Spa.
- Children ages 9-13 may be in the pool area without direct parental supervision as long as a parent or guardian age 16 or older is in the facility. Teens 14 and up are allowed in the pool by themselves.
- The Outdoor Spa, Steam Room and Sauna are for use only by those 16 years of age and older.
- Children must be at least 41 inches all to ride the Summit Plummit water slide.
- Use of rafts, flotation devices, and pool toys is at the discretion of the lifeguards on duty.
- This list is not all-inclusive. Complete rules are posted in the pool area and are available at the Front Desk and pool office.
Lap Swimming EtiquettePlease swim in a counterclockwise direction, allowing other swimmers to pass in the middle. In order to accommodate the number of swimmers, sharing of the lap lanes is requested, and sometimes required.
Average Pool/Spa Temperatures
Lap Pool: 81-83 degrees
Leisure Pool: 88-90 degrees
Indoor Spa: 102-104 degrees
Outdoor Spa: 102-104 degrees